Friday, December 6, 2013

Timeline

As many of you already know, a great sadness has fallen upon us all...

Paul Walker passed away on November 30th 2013.

Because of this you may have expected me to post about him already. And I wish I could. But... There is so much you could say about Paul. His movies, his charity, his passions, or his daughter. However, I can't figure out a way that can fully honor him in a way that he deserves.

Because of this, I'm going to be posting about a lot of his movies, for one, because I am going to be watching all of his movies during the next month or two. And, as time goes on, and I get over the attrocity more and more, I will post about other various things including his charity Reachout World Wide, and about his passions in life.

But for today, I will be talking about one of his movies. Timeline.

I just watched this film about two nights ago when I realized that it was now on Neflix (which I recommend you go and watch) I have watched this movie before, but it was back when I was very young. However this movie has been one of those memories that you remember, but you have no idea where it was from. I have thought about this movie for years, but not knowing that Paul was in it. Until just recently when I was looking through movies that Paul has done (which I've done quite a bit) and finally found it. Unfortunately I don't have the DVD function on netflix, so until a couple days ago I hadn't seen this film for years. And I have to say, I wasn't dissapointed.

Timeline is a film about a group of archeologists who go back in time to bring back one of their own. Paul Walker plays the son of the Professor who is lost in time. Specifically 1837 France, which happens to be the exact same place they were digging.

One of the first things I noticed, other than Paul Walker in the movie, is that Paul wears some low top converse, the exact same actually that he wears in 2 Fast 2 Furious. This caught my eye right away, because back in the summer before 9th grade I got my permit, along with a pair of low top converse, just like the ones Paul wears, just so I could wear the same shoes that he did when I first drove.

This is a great film, accompanied by not only Paul Walker, but also Gerard Butler who plays a key part in the film, and as seen in the movie, history. I would have to give this film a 3.2 because it has a good plot, some great characters, good writing, and Paul Walker.

This film, just like the characters in Timeline, made their own history.

The Dusty Wahl's Moral of the Story

Watch all of Paul Walker's films

No comments:

Post a Comment