Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dude I Found My Wallet

Yep. That's right. There's new information of the Google Wallet!

Yesterday I recieved the greatest Christmas present a man could get. My Google Wallet card came in the mail! And yes, it's extraordinary.

It came in an envelope just like any other credit or debit card, however this one is different. Google definitely went into a lot of thought on how this card should look. And I have to say, they nailed it!

The card is completely white with the Google Wallet "W" in the center of the card in raised ink, below it, saying Google Wallet, and on the top right corner, Google's signature colors. One thing that suprised me was that the card number wasn't embossed on the front of the card, making the front of it look very simple. The back is silver with your information on it including, name, card number, expiration date, security code, and the Master Card logo.

At first I was a little put off by the numbers that weren't embossed on the front thinking, "that makes it look kind of cheap" as I have seen many different debit cards come across my eyes at the bank. And they always look very cheap, with weird font for the letters on the front. However the Google card is very different than that. It is sleek, elegant, thin, and simply, simple.

Today I was so excited about recieving it that I at my first chance, tried to use it. So when I was at Cub Foods I went to go get a donut. So eger to use the card that I went and swiped it, and it declined! I was agast, I couldn't believe it. This was supposed to be the greatest thing that ever came out from Google. And then, less than 5 seconds from when I swiped the card, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Solemly I went to grab it, only to see that I recieved an email. From Google! The email stated that I tried to make a transaction, including when, where, and the amount. then stating that I had forgotten to activate my card.

Less than 5 seconds later!!!!!

I couldn't believe it. I have heard from multiple people (which I agree with) that the worst problem about online banking, for any bank, is the mobile app which doesn't show transactions until hours after they are done. Ultimately ending with overdraft fees. And yet Google has figured it out! I tried to make a transaction again later that day, and again, within 5 seconds of swiping the card, my phone buzzed, and the Google Wallet app let me know when, where, and how much my transaction was for.

Google, you've done it again. You have revolutionized the world of banking. Today I have already transferred all of my money (not that, that's alot) from my bank account, directly into my Google Wallet account. And it was available to me right away!

I have to say, Google went out of it's way to make a great product, and I recommend that everybody get's one!

The Dusty Wahl's Words of Wisdom... 

The art of simplicity... is underrated...

No comments:

Post a Comment