Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Smoreo

I know, I know. It's been a while. But the reason I have been gone so long is because I have been on a long journey to find what one man once told me was called. The Smoreo.

After searching far and wide I finally discovered what this wise man was talking about. It only took me a six hour drive and a half hour boat ride out to an island in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota to find it.

The Smoreo is one of, if not the most delicious edible thing on this planet.

First you will need a fire and a grate to go over the fire. By roasting (or grilling, which I prefer to do) a marshmallow over a fire you finish the first step, much like you would a regular smore. Next, while the marshmallow is grilling, pull an Oreo apart and place it on the grate over the fire. After the mallow is thoroughly cooked, and the Oreo frosting is only but a glaze, put the mallow on top of the glaze and place the lid onto the Smoreo.

What you will taste next is like nothing you have ever tried before.

For some people who like sugar a little bit too much (if you prefer over sugared kool-aid, this means you) you can also put a piece of chocolate on top of the mallow, but I think it is chocolately enough without it.

Please try this carefully and comment below on what you think of it. I promise, you will not be dissapointed.

Wise Words from The Dusty Wahl...

Try the Smoreo, if you don't you will regret it for the rest of your life.
If your doubting that it will be good, remember this important adage.
Yolo.


Disclaimer: in no way is The Dusty Wahl a promotional outlet for Nabisco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment