Monday, April 7, 2014

Robo Kid?

I only saw the first 20 minutes of Robo Cop in theatre's (something I regret a little) and left thinking that this would never happen. But apparently it has.

A man named  Miguel Nicolelis has been working on a robotic exoskeleton that can help a person in a wheel chair walk. By wearing a hat that reads the patients brainwaves, the robot listens and will start walking. ACTUALLY. This is so promising in the future that they are going to have a kid in a wheelchair walk out onto the field of the World Cup and kick the first ceremonial goal.

Now whether this will actually happen I do not know. It seems like quite a long shot. I could see a kid walking out onto the field and waving, but let's be honest, that would be kind of lame. But it seems to me that it would be a lot harder to kick a ball than it would to just walk. And whether that is going to happen I do not know.

The Dusty Wahl's Words of Wisdom

 Buy stock now! Nobody will say no to a kid in a wheelchair that can now walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment